Bayley Beach, part of Neville Bayley Park, is owned and maintained by the 6TD for the use of its residents.
Lifeguard services are provided in season from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
Bayley features a children’s playground, basketball court, volleyball area and outdoor showers. The Pavilion includes the Sand Bar snack bar, restrooms, and changing rooms. Picnic tables and barbecues are available.
Bayley Beach was once a part of Roton Point Amusement Park, which was in operation from the late 1800′s until late 1942.
For information on the use or reservation of this property, please contact the Sixth Taxing District Clerk at 203-854-6666 Extension 1.
2016 Bayley Beach Permit Application
You will be able to download an application from the link on our home page in the Spring of 2016. New residents will not have to pay a late fee. Please contact our 6TD District Clerk,
Andrea Woodworth, if you have any questions: 203.854.6666 Ext 1 or awoodworth@Rowayton6TD.com
Means and Cost of Access
Bayley Beach is accessed down a drive located at 11 Pine Point Road in Rowayton. Residents with a sticker on their car or with a walk-in pass have free access.
Non-residents must pay to access Bayley Beach. The fee is $40 per car for special events, $25 per car on weekends/holidays and $20 per car on non-holiday weekdays. Walks in are $10 per person or $25 per family.
Rules and Regulations for Bayley Beach
1. The park is open, weather permitting, throughout the year. The summer season will commence Memorial Day Saturday until September 15. Gates will open at 8:00 AM and close at 9:00 PM. Park hours the rest of the year will be posted. Park gates will be locked during hours when the park is closed.
2. All residents and residential property owners must have a valid Parking Permit or walk-in pass to enter the park without paying a fee during the official beach season. Permits may be obtained annually by submission of a valid application to the District Clerk. Guests of residents must be accompanied by the resident at all times.
3. During the summer season, vehicles without permits will be charged a parking fee of $25 on weekends and holidays and $20 on non-holiday weekdays. Special events will cost $40. Buses will not be admitted. Pedestrians or bicyclists who are not Sixth District residents or property owners will be charged a $10.00 Admission Fee. Bicycles must be parked in bicycle racks.
4. Persons using the beach are required to follow the directions of the Lifeguards and posted beach safety rules. Persons swimming or wading when a Lifeguard is not on duty, do so at their own risk, and are also required to follow the posted beach safety rules. . A sign will be posted when a Lifeguard is not on duty.
5. Children who are unable to swim safely must be accompanied by an adult or authorized care giver. Children 11 years of age or under must be supervised at all times by a responsible adult or authorized care giver. Children under five years of age must be within the responsible adult's or care giver's sight and hearing at all times. Children 6 - 11 years of age must be supervised by either sight or sound by the responsible adult or care giver at all times.
6. Only hand-propelled watercraft, e.g., kayaks, canoes may be launched from the beach into the designated water lane. Upon return, the craft must be removed from the beach.
7. The beach is defined as the waterside of the concrete walk. No glass or china objects may be used on the beach. Audio equipment on the beach may only be used with headphones. Ball playing, Frisbee throwing, running or kite flying on the beach is not permitted. Grilling may only be done in the designated, fenced area and the grills must be attended at all times when in use.
8. No pets are allowed in the park during the season, with the exception of a service dog. Pets are allowed in the park from November 1 to April 1.
9. Use of the Little League field is by permit only. Permits may be obtainable by application to the District Clerk.
10. Tennis Courts-Only Rowayton Tennis Association members are permitted to reserve courts in advance. Rowayton residents who are not RTA members may play on Court 5 without charge when the court is unscheduled. Non-residents may play on Court 5 when the court is unscheduled for a fee of $25.00/hour in addition to the park admission fee.
11. Admission fees may be waived by the Sixth Taxing District Commission in its discretion for sanctioned group use of the park, such as family groups, Little League games/practice, youth camps, RTA inter-club tennis matches, etc
12. Private gatherings of 50 or more people, regardless of residency, require prior approval by the Sixth Taxing District Commissioner as well as submission of a Certificate of Liability Insurance (see Rule 14 for details).
13. The beach pavilion will be accessible on a first-come, first-served basis. However, the pavilion may be reserved on specific days by prior arrangement with the District Clerk, providing there is strict compliance with pavilion rules which shall be explained to the reserving party in advance of the reserved date. The pavilion may not be occupied by more than 49 persons. Reservations may not be made on:
A. Memorial Day, July 4th, the day of the fireworks display (if not on the 4th), and
B. Days and evenings of concerts or other planned entertainment at the beach.
14. The rental fee for the pavilion is as follows:
A. Residents of the 6th Taxing District $100
B. Non-residents of the 6th Taxing District $150
Out of district parking fees or walk-in fees will be collected for guests of the party renting the pavilion. These fees may be pre-paid and submitted along with the guest list for the event, if desired. A Certificate of Liability Insurance in the amount of $1,000,000 naming the Sixth Taxing District of Norwalkas additional insured will be required for reservation of the pavilion and for all other gatherings at the beach of 50 or more persons. Pavilion rental fees for events requiring enhanced district personnel participation or other unusual circumstances are subject to review by the Sixth Taxing District Commissioners.
VIOLATORS OF THE RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR BAYLEY BEACH PARK WILL BE SUBJECT TO SUSPENSION OF BEACH PRIVILEGES AND/OR A $100 FINE FOR EACH VIOLATION
BY ORDER OF THE SIXTH TAXING DISTRICT COMMISSION
Adopted 4- 8-2009