The following are guidelines for local non profit organizations to promote their non commercial events. We all should be ready to share resources and to work together so that all groups have fair access. To contact the 6TD with questions, thoughts, and requests send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Placing signs on public property is in violation of City of Norwalk ordinances and should be avoided.
- If necessary to use signs, please keep two weeks prior to event, please don’t inundate the community with an overabundance of signs, and please retrieve signs once the event is over.
- The 6TD will offer a local map of public property where signs are not allowed.
- The 6TD will monitor this
Rowayton Avenue Banner
- The 6TD will keep a schedule and give access to all groups via Google Doc. Please send requests to email@example.com
- Banners can be hung up 3 weeks leading into an event.
- Currently there is no overlap, but in future years If 2 groups want same timing, we need to come up with a fair solution
- The cost of producing the banner and hanging the banner is covered by the organization promoting the event.
- The 6TD recommends using one tree company to use - Larry Brown - we believe he charges $225 to hang a banner. Once we share the Google Doc, please communicate with the group who is prior and after your assigned time.
- The 6TD will not be involved, except to maintain the schedule and monitor that groups are abiding by guidelines
Old school Fence
- The Old School Fence is to be used for local announcements, local events, and local promotions.
- Given the limited space, the fence will be for Rowayton residents and organizations only
- We ask that users send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org when they put up a sign..for events and personal messages. This is so the 6TD knows who owns the sign, and we can monitor the length of time it is being hung.
- Promotion for events can go up to 6 weeks prior to event, but we ask it is taken down immediately after the event is over.
- For personal messages, (congrats, happy birthday, welcome home type signs), we ask that they are up for no more than 2 weeks.
- 6TD will monitor this to ensure signs don’t overstay their welcome.
- The 6TD developed an email list to be able to disseminate information to the entire town - we currently have 5000 addresses
- Blasts are typically the third week of the month and will be used as needed to quickly get a message out to the community.
- Besides 6TD info dissemination, it can be used by local non profits to promote their events
- Groups that want to use the blast need to send a request to email@example.com with artwork in the form of a high res JPEG, a call to action, and a link to get more information.
- All requests for use of blast will be reviewed by the 6TD to ensure it for non commercial use...and for Rowayton/Norwalk based orgs.